Thursday, November 18, 2010

The League of Justice in 3x The Wrap

One thing I learned with this little experiment is that the common assertion that 15+ level characters in D&D are functionally superheroes in many respects is entirely true .

I had only modest trouble making the entire JLA in 3x terms and while the ersatz heroes cannot throw tanks or buildings or the like, the certainly could handle any number of normal 1-3rd level people and create a battle that could easily grace the pages of any 4 color magazine.

Had I chosen to use Epic Levels (my original write up for Paragon was 30th level!) the power gap would have been even greater.

Now mind you, this is not a complaint, only an observation and as such, someone who is hoping for a more literary flavored game will want to take this into account.


Tomorrow or so, we will have a longer discussion on stuff like this and the Sweet Spot for play and E6 and well a bunch of other stuff. Till then, good gaming !

2 comments:

  1. I have never even reached level 10 with one character. It's a sad sad world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got to get you playing more, thats all. ;)

    I missed out on the last high level campaign my group played and while the guys seemed to enjoy it, my sweet spot is nowhere near L15 I doubt I would have.

    ReplyDelete