Friday, August 20, 2010

Feel Overwhelmed ? Try Rolling Back?

I also wanted to mention that G.M.s who feel overwhelmed with all those options and all the min maxing and who have cooperative players can of course roll back to something like Osric , White Box or Swords and Wizardry.

This returns power to the G.M. and away from the rules set and yet handled carefully still provides plenty of fun options for players.

If for some reason you do run low on ideas or get tired of the spell list or something don't forget that much of the OSR stuff and many of the not too expensive OOP like the old 2e Spell Compendiums are there for you to mine. Many of the blogs also have free content a-plenty. You'll find some those on my blog list and in other sites links of course.

Now maybe a I sound like some back alley peddler but hey, first hit is free. Try an OSDR game of your choice tonight and you and you players may find the relative freedom to be a heck of a lot of fun.

Who know you may never go back.

Oh and PS:

When it comes out, buy my stuff anyway. I need the folding green. ;)

2 comments:

  1. You should also take a look at my stuff. It's old-school flavor, but with a little more "stuff" in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly will. Part of what this community about is getting the word out for other peoples stuff.

    If you or anyone else has something they particularly want to share, freebies, something they are promoting, whatever drop me a line or reply and I'll see what I can do.

    I am pretty far behind though, so be warned if you want a review.

    A link however is always doable.

    ReplyDelete