Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Epic 6 and 8 Level Titles

I have been thinking about the E6/E8 variant for D&D and Pathfinder and how closely it resembles older editions in terms of power levels, how PC hit points map to monster hit points and so on.

Then it came to me in a flash, level titles. Now I fully admit they are not my cup of tea when it comes to my game, they aren't that flavorful, they aren't generic and they don't fit my playstyle.

However there is one place they do fit nicely, with E6/E8 they map nicely in a generic sort of way to the power level of the world. And so without further ado, here is my mostly generic chart

L1 Green

L2 Seasoned

L3 Veteran

L4 Hero

L5 Elite (or Mage or Priest for Casters)

L6 Master

and optionally for E8 GM's

L7 Grandmaster

L8 Superhero

IMO the list meshes very well with how a character of a given level will interact with the world at hand and as an added bonus, meets the same level criteria for Hero and Superhero as the older editions.

I think it will come in handy as a learning aid for new players (just how good am I?) and as a design tool for GM's (how good should X, NPC be)

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment