Monday, February 28, 2011

A few Random Notes from coming Old School game

I am working a bit on an "Old School" pitch for my next game. This will be offered from a menu of choices including Pathfinder-Classic, E8 Pathfinder, Variant Pathfinder/Game of Thrones E8, and OS/2 Warped. The players will be able to rate the desired games on a 1 to 5 scale and the winner will be the be that will be played. I suspect that it will be Pathfinder with my current group but I am prepared to pleasantly surprised.

What I plan for old school is thus:


Either Swords and Wizardry or Labyrinth Lord

Class and Race Separated

Additional classes of Bard and Ranger

D12 Thieving derived from modified Lament of the Flame Princess

No "Skills" system instead a background system closer to the secondary skills rules

A "Boon" system like a toned down version of that in Rolemaster or Arduin.

No comments:

Post a Comment