Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Welcome to Midrea

My posts have been pretty boring of late so I figure why not, you know actually post some content.

I'd like to introduce y'all to my primary game world Midrea.
As I mentioned before Midrea was a built around the idea "What are the logical consequences of a D&D world being real" -- and it turned out to be a magical cold war with a lot of Sword and Sorcery and Cthulhu elements.

But it did not start out that way. It was originally a kind of sandboxy world where I'd simply make up whatever I though I needed on the spur of the moment then later, if needed try to glue the bits together.

Its of course kind of a risky way to make a game world. If my players had been more savvy I'd have gotten a lot more well deserved guff for naming the Town Mayor "the Burgermeister Mesiterburger" but hey you never know what you can get away with till you try.

The next few posts will be mostly flavor text and bits of information on Midrea and its Nine Gate Realms. I hope you folks enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment