Sunday, October 24, 2010

Gnomes of Midrea: Origins

There were the easiest. The only temptation I had to avoid was to make them Garden Gnome Size or smaller like in the Gnomes books.

Instead I made them Small tricky woods oriented Fae suitable for PC's

They got a tiny hint of Hugi (from Poul Anderson's excellent Three Hearts and Three Lions) a hint Gnomes from the books, a hint of David the Gnome from TX, a little roaming Gnome,and Garden gnome (just kidding) and some Gamer Gnome.

It was comfortably easy compared to the others.

3 comments:

  1. "or smaller like in the Gnomes books"

    That's precisely what mine are like in my own settings.. hehe. It's the traditional gnome of European myth and legend, so I like them much better than 1970+ gamer gnomes :) Of course, they aren't available as a standard PC race either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really did want the smaller Gnomes but as I run systems that don't mesh with well with smaller PC's something had to give.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, if they're going to be a playable race, tiny is a huge disadvantage and only very rarely useful in a party of 'normal' sized companions.

    ReplyDelete