Friday, February 5, 2016

A terrific game I left off my list True20

True20 probably should have made #5 to be honest.

Its a mutant cross between Mutants and Masterminds 1st Edition, the generic classes from D20 Unearthed Arcana using the Complete Psychics Handbook from Green Ronin as its magic system

It has many settings SF, Fantasy, Horror, Modern you name it a variant (its predecessor Blue Rose) and support for most things a GM or player needs.

It fills a similar niche to Savage Worlds though I vastly prefer True20 . YMMV of course

Alas its not that popular anymore and the system is pretty moribund

Its too bad as I would have liked to see what other cool stuff came out and its signature horror setting "The Razor in the Apple" made into a full book

2 comments:

  1. You know, out of all the incarnations of d20, I think True20 was my favorite. I never got to do a lot with it, and I no longer own the book, but I think it was a damn fine system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah. Mine too .

      Funny enough I was digging through some old book boxes a while back and realized have most of the True20 books in hard copy.

      I liked it a bit better than even I thought. I have a few PDF's I bought here and there too, even some recent ones.

      Its a great game but of course like most I never got to play it.

      Delete