Happy Hobbit Day
-
Today is the birthday of those two most famous of all hobbits: Bilbo and
Frodo Baggins. Hence, ‘*Hobbit Day*’. Also, yesterday (21 September 2026)
was th...
[New Monster] Drab Hound
-
Drab Hound Dhiv regarded the frightening grey hound that was snapping at
the party just moments before.‘How much longer is that light spell going to
last?’...
Why is the Ogre there?
-
Joe's post on the Quantum Ogre raises an old question about sandbox play:
when does moving an encounter around interfere with players' freedom to
decide...
Draw Steel Monsters on a Credit Card
-
Click to get it full-sizefront and back! I’m the guy who does “monsters on
a business card” posts, and I just started at MCDM, so I should probably do
a Dr...
Game Day
-
Nope. Not football. *Futbol*.
The school soccer season kicks off today...this will be my 4th season
coaching my daughter's team, my tenth year coaching my ...
Jacopo Carbone, Charcoal-maker
-
Years ago I started to put together a fantasy style campaign setting using
a modified version of DnD 3.5. Growing out of some now very old notion a
prio...
Micro-Adventure - #114 RATS!
-
Dungeon tropes are a thing to embrace, not to dismiss. It's simple to
handwave the storm the orc infested tower to save the princess, evil wizard
in a t...
On a Happy New Year
-
We are about to experience the most social upheaval since industrialization.
What will that look like in sixty years?
Sinless is starting it's third yea...
Meet the New Blog
-
Harbinger of Doom got its start in Blogger back in November of 2010. Web
design standards have moved on and left it looking a bit long in the tooth.
Theref...
The Old School (Hyperborean) Renaissance
-
Are these poorly-masked adventure hooks? Yes, yes they are.
For the last century a peculiar fever has gripped the learned societies of
Marlinko, Kezmaro...
Angels, Demons and Subtle Bodies
-
It’s delightful when D&D-isms sometimes converge with ancient wisdom, even
accidentally. I was watching a video from Jonathan Pageau earlier today
concerni...
Ice, Jungle, Desert
-
Among my many sins, I once sat through the complete director's commentaries
to the original *Star Wars *trilogy on DVD. In my defence, these are
fascinat...
You Suffer--But Why?
-
*My Weird, Dark, Twisted Habit*
Seventeen years ago. (Seventeen years ago?) When I started this blog, that
is, when I decided to take on another thing ...
BX DMG Table: Cart & Wagon Encumbrance
-
The other day, I saw that Erik Tenkar shared a video post about how many
mules it would take to haul away the average dragon's hoard (Treasure Type
H). I...
There Were Dice
-
I started my Spelljammer game last weekend. It was my first time DMing
since December 2021. I wasn't as rusty as I thought I was going to be, but
I *was ...
Another week in the life of GURPS
-
This week is named Hugh. The news:
• Another week balanced between writing and project management on things I
can't share right now.
• My updates to the W...
October Movie Challenge: Dracula (2025)
-
[image: Dracula 2025]
I have a theme this year, but I need to get this one out of the way first.
I had heard a lot about it, both good and bad, but a quo...
No comments:
Post a Comment