Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Game System I'd like to try : Gumshoe

My group runs a fair amount of police procedural games, mostly Dark Heresy which is derived from the Grim-Dark Warhammer 40,000 universe.

We've also done a couple of horror procedurals and a few modern ones using free form rules.

I'd very much like to use GUMSHOE at some time in the future though, the way the  game is laid out the rules and guidelines would improve the structure and flow of the  game.

I'd also like to try a traditional fantasy version using those rules  I am aware of Lorefinder  the Gumshoe, Pathfinder crossover game and its quite well done but  it comes with too much Pathfinder  baggage.

I'd like to see a pure fantasy version.


if you are curious there is an SRD of sorts here.  It will give you a very rough understanding of the rules though as they say, unlike the Pathfinder SRD, its not meant to be playable.

Frankly we are somewhat lucky to have this much as Pelgrane Presss really didn't want to do this at all. They agreed to do it as part of a kickstarter for a story game called Hillfok  and kept their word so that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment