Thursday, June 10, 2010

An Oldy But a Goody I Probably Won't be Supporting

The Fantasy Trip by Steve Jackson (the GURPS one not the UK one) from 1980.

This was was a fleshed out war game and really well designed. I like the fact the Into the Labyrinth (the RPG expansion) included everything you needed for all sorts of adventures, merchants, thieves, whatever -- everybody got a little support.

It would later mutate into GURPS but TFT was more playable in an old school way.

It kind of survives as two retro-clones one of the 1st actually called Legends of the Ancient World which is pretty well supported here at Dark City Games and here at Warrior and Wizard.


Now I probably won't be supporting it as I think the two companies out there already meet the demand. However if you get a chance to try it or the retro-clones, do. Its a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. I'm rereading it at the moment. Weird Police song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little confused. What Police song are you referring too?

    ReplyDelete