Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Twenty Quick Questions For Your Campaign

From Jeff's Game Blog

Now with my answers

1. What is the deal with my cleric's religion?

A- ask based on what faith the cleric serves.

2. Where can we go to buy standard equipment?

B- Most small towns and up or a sutler. Non combat gear can be had in some villages

3. Where can we go to get platemail custom fitted for this monster I just befriended?

C- A big city. Freeport is best.

4. Who is the mightiest wizard in the land?

D- Baran , The Master Magister

5. Who is the greatest warrior in the land?

E- The Weapon Master Valan Jal

6. Who is the richest person in the land?

F- Probably the head of the Slaver's Guild

7. Where can we go to get some magical healing?

G- Many Temples.

8. Where can we go to get cures for the following conditions: poison, disease, curse, level drain, lycanthropy, polymorph, alignment change, death, undeath?

H- A temple or a hedge witch. There is no cure for death and I don't use level drain

9. Is there a magic guild my MU belongs to or that I can join in order to get more spells?

I- Yes to both. The Order (aka the Traditionalists) is your best bet

10. Where can I find an alchemist, sage or other expert NPC?

J- Most cities. Four-Gate or Freeport are good choices


11. Where can I hire mercenaries?

K- Four Gate, The Vara Embassy, Freeport.

12. Is there any place on the map where swords are illegal, magic is outlawed or any other notable hassles from Johnny Law?

L- Hard to outlaw magic. Vilechia has tight weapons laws,

13. Which way to the nearest tavern?

M- N/A

14. What monsters are terrorizing the countryside sufficiently that if I kill them I will become famous?

N- Best place for that kind of crazy is the Wastes. Its full of Undead. You might also hack out a chunk of Amachia as well.

15. Are there any wars brewing I could go fight?

O- The Kingdoms are full of opportunity.

16. How about gladiatorial arenas complete with hard-won glory and fabulous cash prizes?

P- Nope.

17. Are there any secret societies with sinister agendas I could join and/or fight?

Q- Slavers Guild or Society for Permanent Manumission though they really aren't secret. There may be Denomolater cults here and there was well.

18. What is there to eat around here?

R- Try the Potatoes.

19. Any legendary lost treasures I could be looking for?

Amachia is full of them. You might also go looking for a Deathlords Crown though the world would appreciate if you gave it into good hands. There might be some pirate or dragon gold as well.

20. Where is the nearest dragon or other monster with Type H treasure?

Try the Barrens or the Fae Woods. Might be a few in the Stahl Range as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment