Sunday, September 12, 2010

Campaign Ideas Day Three

A few that are not "D&D" in any form.

Kester Dawn:
Invasion of the Samurai Lizard Chicken People and their Beast Mechs. Fighting them, Earthforce, The various national armies (circa 2020) and a few experimental Human Mechs. And no its not silly....

I never did figure out what system to use for this. Canny players might have noticed the Kester were later influenced by the Guubaruu from David Brins's Uplift novels as well. Given that I was almost certainly never going to run this I put way too much work into it, naming all the Kester Mechs, having bits of language all that. I just had too much time on my hands...


S.O.L -- Soldiers of Lucifer. This is Gnostic reality with Lucifer as a good guy. Think the irreverence of Dogma, l mixed with Gnostism and a hint of the 9th Gate style camp, oh and don't forget the Rock and Roll. Can you help Lucifer protect individuality and free will or will mankind be "redemmed" like a bottle deposit

This was never seriously considered as I have only two players who could deal with the background. The others are far too religious I think. I also had no idea what system to use...

Slipwalkers:
You have a myriad of Universes to choose from. With you Slip Walking talent you can traverse any of them with one two little flaws, there are OTHERS out there and you don't know how to control the Slip. This is based of Sliders and GURPS Alternate Earth

This would be easy to run with the right group but as always thats the rub...

No comments:

Post a Comment